BISP funds in bank accounts through bank ATMs. The government has made two critical changes to how cash grants are given to those who need it most through the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP). Now, people can receive payments directly into their bank accounts, and receiving the grant is linked to enrolling children in school.
The Benazir Social Protection Account was launched, allowing women beneficiaries to choose their preferred bank and receive payments directly into their accounts. They can withdraw the money whenever they need.
Initially, the National Bank of Pakistan, Bank Alfalah, JS Bank Limited, and United Bank Limited have been selected for this new payment method through a competitive process. Shazia Marri, the Minister for Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety, shared this information. The BISP funds also provide a targeted subsidy of Rs. 16.3 billion (Rs. 2,000 for each family) to 8.6 million families to help cope with the rising prices of petroleum products and inflation.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif emphasized the importance of linking payments to school enrollment. He directed BISP authorities to make it a condition for beneficiaries to enroll their children in schools. After a certain period, beneficiaries will only receive their stipends if their children attend school.
The aim is to build a nation of capable individuals who will contribute to the development of Pakistan with their knowledge and skills, rather than relying on handouts. Furthermore, the number of families eligible for BISP has increased from 7.6 million to 9 million, as mentioned by Minister Shazia Marri.
She also highlighted improvements in stipends and educational scholarships. The quarterly stipend under the Benazir Kafaalat Programme has increased from Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 8,750 after a 25% raise. The number of children benefiting from the Benazir Taleemi Wazaif has also increased from 2.6 million to 7.52 million.
The Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Programme awarded 82,000 scholarships in 2022, and this number has risen to 92,003 scholarships this year. Additionally, the Benazir Nashonuma Programme currently benefits 770,000 mothers and their children. The Fuel Subsidy Programme has distributed Rs. 16.3 billion among 8.3 million households. Changes to Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Payment
BISP Funds Directly in Bank Accounts
- People receiving support from BISP new payment method can choose their own bank.
- The money will be sent directly to their bank account.
- They can take out the money whenever they want.
Going to School to Get Payments
- The Prime Minister wants children to go to school.
- Families will only get money if their children are in school.
- It’s important for kids to learn and become capable.
- More People Eligible for BISP Funds:
- A. More families can get help from BISP monthly payments now.
- B. The support money has increased for families.
- C. More children are getting scholarships and assistance for education.
- D. Many mothers and children are benefiting from special programs.
- E. The government is giving money to more households to help with fuel costs.
For more information about BISP Program and their problems.
BISP registration Check by Conic or BISP 8171 online registration and other problems like BISP Check balance online visit official website